Find the Best Tanzanite Necklaces at SuperJeweler!
A tanzanite necklace makes a great addition to one’s jewelry wardrobe. Tanzanite comes in deep shades of violet blue and blue violet to compliment most any color of outfit. Tanzanite jewelry is an alternate birthstone for December which makes it both a great birthday gift and push gift for that special December baby. They have long been prized for their beauty and rich violet blue shades, and with the inner personal traits of quiet stillness and purification. Today, Superjeweler.com offers the best tanzanite necklace selection with your choice of precious metals like gold, sterling silver, and platinum. You can also find a special tanzanite necklace styled with diamonds. The prices at SuperJeweler.com are the best and can fit any budget.
Finding matching jewelry for a tanzanite necklace is easy at SuperJeweler.com. There are many different tanzanite ring styles as well as tanzanite earrings and bracelet styles that can easily be matched and make a fashion statement. You can buy a matching set all at once or buy a tanzanite necklace today, and the tanzanite bracelet, earrings and ring for other special occasions. No matter how you might buy your jewelry, SuperJeweler.com always has the best selection and price.
Frequently Asked Question
- What birthstone month is Tanzanite?
- Tanzanite is an alternate birthstone for December. A tanzanite necklace makes a great December birthday gift, but also a great December push present to the mother for the birth of a December baby. At SuperJeweler.com you will find a great tanzanite necklace selection at the best prices.
- What color gold goes best with Tanzanite?
- Tanzanite comes in deep shades of violet blue and blue violet. Tanzanite compliments white gold, sterling silver, and platinum, but it also, looks great in both yellow gold and rose gold. This makes tanzanite extremely easy to select and wear.
- Is Tanzanite a good stone for a necklace?
- A tanzanite necklace is great to wear and so are tanzanite earrings, rings, and bracelets. Tanzanite has a fair to good toughness, making them somewhat durable for everyday wear with care. Like most gemstones, tanzanite should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance tanzanite jewelry can last for many years. Additionally, tanzanite jewelry must never be cleaned with any steam or ultrasonic machines.
- Can you wear Tanzanite every day?
- Tanzanite jewelry can be worn every day and compliment many colors of outfits. Tanzanite has a fair to good toughness, making them somewhat durable for everyday wear with care. Like most gemstones, tanzanite should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance tanzanite jewelry can last for many years. Additionally, tanzanite jewelry must never be cleaned with any steam or ultrasonic machines. Try matching up and wearing the rich hues of tanzanite with different colors in your wardrobe—a white or grey outfit with tanzanite looks spectacular and polished. Tanzanite also looks great with lighter blues, pinks, and yellows. SuperJeweler.com has hundreds of tanzanite styles at the best prices.
How to Choose a Tanzanite Necklace
How to Select the Shape of Tanzanite Necklace Gemstones
Tanzanite gemstones for a tanzanite necklace come in a variety of shape cuts and sizes. The different shape cuts provide a range of style and fashion choices of each tanzanite necklace design. The most popular tanzanite gemstone shape cuts fall into two categories: Classic and Fancy.
- Classic Tanzanite Gemstone Shapes Include Round, Oval, Emerald, and Square Cuts
- Round Tanzanite Gemstone
- The round shape cut is a popular shape for gemstones. For a tanzanite necklace, it can be used as the center stone or as the side or cluster stones. Though the round shape cut is popular for a tanzanite necklace, other shape cuts have become of greater fashion and design prominence. Yet the round cut shape for a tanzanite necklace is a beautiful choice.
- Oval Tanzanite Gemstone
- Tanzanite oval shape cuts are amazingly popular for a tanzanite necklace. The elongating silhouette of this shape merges the classic with the modern. The longer dimensions allow this shape cut to appear incredibly elegant while enhancing the neckline. Adding a halo of diamonds to an oval tanzanite is stunning.
- Emerald/Octagon Tanzanite Gemstone
- The emerald or octagon shape cut has eight sides and is extremely popular for a tanzanite necklace. The rectangular shape can mislead the eye into thinking there are only four sides, but don’t be fooled. It is the presence of those tiny corner cuts that round it out to eight. This shape cut is elegant and stunning and lends itself to many beautiful tanzanite necklace styles.
- Square Tanzanite Gemstone
- The square shape cut for a tanzanite necklace is surely a bold and classic look. It is perfect to show off the beautiful deep hues of violet blue and blue violet.
- Fancy Tanzanite Gemstone Shapes Include Cushion, Pear, Heart, and Marquise Cuts
- Cushion Tanzanite Gemstone
- The design of a cushion shape cut tanzanite can be squarish or rectangle with soft corners and lines of a cushion or pillow. This shape cut evokes allure and romanticism for many tanzanite necklace designs.
- Pear Tanzanite Gemstone
- Topping jewelry trends right now is the classic but modern pear shape. With a rounded lower half and a sharp top point, a pear cut adds an illusion of length and delicacy to a tanzanite necklace.
- Heart-Shaped Tanzanite Gemstone
- Like the name insinuates, heart-shaped tanzanite are cut into a heart by placing a cleft cut at the top of a pear shape. Heart-shaped cut tanzanite necklace can be both romantic and playful.
- Marquise Tanzanite Gemstone
- A tanzanite necklace with marquise shape cuts is dramatic and stunning. The marquise shape cut is best described as two pear cuts joined together. The marquise shape cut in a tanzanite necklace is perfect for a longer slender neckline.
How to Select the Precious Metal for a Tanzanite Necklace
Selecting the precious metals for a tanzanite necklace is a matter of personal choice and price. Luckily, a tanzanite necklace looks great in sterling silver and all the colors of gold. You can really follow your own personal style and select the metal color that you prefer the most. Both sterling silver and white gold have a similar appearance but are very different in price. The sterling silver is much less expensive but white gold gives you a richer look for the price. A tanzanite necklace in yellow gold or rose gold are great choices too as their unique colors look outstanding.
How to Select the Diamond Accents and Mounting for a Tanzanite Necklace
Choosing whether to have accent diamonds on a tanzanite necklace is truly a matter of style and taste. A tanzanite necklace can look very nice as a solitaire but adding diamonds is by far the most popular design choice. Diamonds do increase the price of a tanzanite necklace but not as much as you might think as the diamonds are generally small. Popular tanzanite necklace designs are to have diamonds surrounding the tanzanite in a halo frame. The diamond halo makes the tanzanite look a bit larger but most importantly it provides a distinctive color contrast that makes the tanzanite quite beautiful. Another popular design is to have accent diamonds on the sides of the tanzanite necklace. This tanzanite necklace design lends an elegance without being too flashy. Without a doubt, combining both a diamond halo and accent diamond in tanzanite necklace are the most popular choice.
How to Personalize a Tanzanite Necklace
One way to personalize a tanzanite necklace is to have the necklace engraved on the back. Depending on the width of the necklace and the design space, you can have your name or special message engraved. This is a great idea for gift-giving and if the tanzanite necklace has a special purpose.
How to Use a Tanzanite Necklace as a Push Present
The gift of jewelry makes a great push present. A tanzanite necklace is great for a mother either delivering a December baby or who has tanzanite as their own birthstone. Having a baby is life changing and that is why gifting fine jewelry is so appropriate. Just think, every time Mom looks at her beautiful tanzanite necklace, she will think about the glorious day of delivery. How special is that?
How to Clean a Tanzanite Necklace
Cleaning a tanzanite necklace is very simple, and you can generally do it yourself. Start by creating a mixture of lukewarm water and a few drops of mild dishwashing soap. Soak the tanzanite necklace for only about 3 – 5 minutes and then very gently brush the stone with a new soft-bristled toothbrush. Then rinse the tanzanite necklace under lukewarm running water to remove the soap film. Gently dry the tanzanite necklace with a soft cloth taking care not to snag any prongs or gemstones. For an elevated sparkle you can use a professionally formulated jewelry cleaner. Steam and ultrasonic cleaning machines are strictly prohibited.
How to Ensemble a Tanzanite Necklace
Once the tanzanite necklace is selected adding a matching ring, earrings, or bracelet is quite easy. The color of tanzanite can vary from violet blue and blue violet. The most important thing is that your tanzanite jewelry wardrobe is a self-expression all your own. There is really no right or wrong.