Find the Best Opal Jewelry at SuperJeweler!
Opal jewelry makes a great addition to one’s jewelry wardrobe. The colors of opal range across the spectrum. Opal can display a single color, two or three colors, or all the colors of the rainbow. Opals have what is called a play-of-color. This play-of-color is a result of opal’s unique optical body-color property of having tiny impurities within silica spheres suspended in the gemstone material. There are five major body-color types of opals: white opal (the most common), black opal, fire or Mexican opal, boulder matrix opal, and crystal or water opal. For sure, opal jewelry is beautiful and can complement most any color of outfit. Opal jewelry is the birthstone for October which makes it both a great birthday gift and push gift for that special October baby. Moreover, many cultures have credited opal with supernatural origins and powers. Arabic legends say that opals have fallen from the heavens in flashes of lightning. The ancient Greeks believed opals gave their owners the gift of prophecy and guarded them from disease. Europeans have long considered the gem a symbol of hope, purity, and truth. Today, Superjeweler.com offers the best opal jewelry selection with your choice of precious metals like gold, sterling silver, and platinum. You can also find most opal jewelry styles accented with diamonds. The prices at SuperJeweler.com are the best and can fit any budget.
Finding matching opal jewelry styles is easy at SuperJeweler.com. There are many different opal ring styles, as well as necklaces, earrings, and bracelets that can easily be matched and make a fashion statement. You can buy a matching set all at once or buy any item today, and the matching opal necklace, bracelet, and earrings for other special occasions. No matter how you might buy your jewelry, SuperJeweler.com always has the best selection and price.
Frequently Asked Question
- What birthstone month is opal?
- Opal is the traditional birthstone for October. Opal jewelry makes a great October birthday gift, but also a great October push present to the mother for the birth of an October baby. At SuperJeweler.com you will find a great selection of opal jewelry at the best price.
- What color gold goes best with opal?
- Opal’s color ranges across the spectrum. Opal can display a single color, two or three colors, or all the colors of the rainbow. Opals have what is called a play-of-color. Therefore, opal compliments white gold, sterling silver, and platinum, but it also, looks great in both yellow gold and rose gold. This makes opals extremely easy to select and wear.
- How much should opal jewelry cost?
- The answer to how much opal jewelry costs has a few factors to consider. Firstly, what precious metal is used to make the opal jewelry and secondly, is the opal jewelry designed with diamonds. If the opal jewelry is made with sterling silver with no diamonds, then the price can be quite low. If the opal jewelry is made with 14 karat gold with no diamonds, it can be very affordable at a great jeweler like SuperJeweler.com. If you want diamonds with your opals, the price is higher but can be very affordable. Checkout SuperJeweler.com for great deals on fine jewelry.
- Can you wear opal every day?
- Opal jewelry can be worn every day and compliment many colors of outfits. Opals have a fair toughness, making them somewhat durable for everyday wear with special care. Like most gemstones, opals should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance opal jewelry can last for many years. Additionally, opal jewelry must never be cleaned with any steam or ultrasonic machines. Try matching up and wearing the play-of-color spectrum of opal jewelry with different colors in your wardrobe—a white or grey outfit with opals looks spectacular and polished. Opals also look great with greens, pinks, and blues. SuperJeweler.com has many opal jewelry styles at the best prices.