Find the Best Ruby Necklace at SuperJeweler!
A ruby necklace makes a great addition to one’s jewelry wardrobe. The rich and warm color hues of red, pink-red, blood-red, and burgundy are perfect to compliment most any color of outfit. A ruby necklace is the birthstone for July which makes it both a great birthday gift and push gift for that special July baby. Also, rubies symbolize love, wealth, and success, and with many cultures believing that rubies are the Stone of Kings! Today, Superjeweler.com offers the best ruby necklace selection with your choice of precious metals like gold, sterling silver, and platinum. You can also find that special ruby necklace style with diamonds. The prices at SuperJeweler.com are the best and can fit any budget.
Finding matching jewelry for a ruby necklace is easy at SuperJeweler.com. There are many different ruby ring, earrings and bracelet styles that can easily be matched and make a fashion statement. You can buy a matching set all at once or buy a ruby necklace today, and the ruby bracelet, earrings and ring for other special occasions. No matter how you might buy your jewelry, SuperJeweler.com always has the best selection and price.
Frequently Asked Question
- What birthstone month is ruby?
- Ruby is the traditional birthstone for July. A ruby necklace makes a great July birthday gift, but also a great July push present to the mother for the birth of a July baby. At SuperJeweler.com you will find a great ruby necklace selection at the best prices.
- What color gold goes best with ruby?
- Rubies come in a variety of rich and warm hues of red, pink-red, blood-red, and burgundy. Red compliments white gold, sterling silver, and platinum, but it also, looks great in both yellow gold and rose gold. This makes rubies extremely easy to select and wear.
- Is ruby a good stone for a necklace?
- A ruby necklace is great to wear and so are ruby earrings, rings, and bracelets. Rubies have an excellent toughness, making them durable enough for everyday wear. Like most gemstones, rubies should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance a ruby necklace can last for many years.
- Can you wear ruby every day?
- Ruby jewelry can be worn every day and compliment many colors of outfits. Rubies have an excellent toughness, making them durable enough for everyday wear. Like most gemstones, rubies should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance a ruby necklace can last for many years. Try matching up and wearing the rich and warm hues of ruby reds with different colors in your wardrobe—a black and white outfit with red rubies looks spectacular and polished. Rubies also look great with blues, greens, and yellows. SuperJeweler.com has hundreds of ruby jewelry styles at the best price.
- Is a ruby necklace a good Valentine’s gift?
- Yes, a ruby necklace makes a great Valentine’s gift. Ruby gemstones come in several shapes. One popular shape is a heart-shaped ruby necklace which is a great gift for Valentine’s Day or to just say “I love you”. SuperJeweler.com has a great ruby necklace selection and you always get the best price.
How to Choose a Ruby Necklace
How to Select the Shape of a Ruby Necklace Gemstone
Ruby gemstones for a ruby necklace come in a variety of shape cuts and sizes. The different shape cuts provide a range of style and fashion choices to each ruby necklace design. The most popular ruby gemstone shape cuts fall into two categories: Classic and Fancy.
- Classic Ruby Gemstone Shapes Include Round, Oval, Emerald, and Square Cuts
- Round Ruby Gemstone
- The round shape cut is a popular shape for gemstones. For a ruby necklace it can be used as the center stone or as the side or cluster stones. Though the round shape cut is popular for a ruby necklace, other shape cuts have become of greater fashion and design prominence. Yet the round cut shape for a ruby necklace is a beautiful choice.
- Oval Ruby Gemstone
- Ruby oval shape cuts are amazingly popular for a ruby necklace. The elongating silhouette of this shape merges the classic with the modern. The longer dimensions allow this shape cut to appear incredibly elegant while enhancing the neckline. Adding a halo of diamonds to an oval ruby is stunning.
- Emerald/Octagon Ruby Gemstone
- The emerald or octagon shape cut has eight sides and is extremely popular for a ruby necklace. The rectangular shape can mislead the eye into thinking there are only four sides, but don’t be fooled. It is the presence of those tiny corner cuts that round it out to eight. This shape cut is elegant and stunning and lends itself to many beautiful ruby necklace styles.
- Square Ruby Gemstone
- The square shape cut for a ruby ring is surely a bold and classic look. It is perfect to show off the beautiful red hues of this most attractive gemstone.
- Fancy Ruby Gemstone Shapes Include Cushion, Pear, Heart, and Marquise Cuts
- Cushion Ruby Gemstone
- The design of a cushion shape cut ruby can be squarish or rectangle with soft corners and lines of a cushion or pillow. This shape cut evokes allure and romanticism for many ruby necklace designs.
- Pear Ruby Gemstone
- Topping jewelry trends right now is the classic but modern pear shape. With a rounded lower half and a sharp top point, a pear cut adds an illusion of length and delicacy to a ruby necklace.
- Heart-Shaped Ruby Gemstone
- Like the name insinuates, heart-shaped rubies are cut into a heart by placing a cleft cut at the top of a pear shape. A heart-shaped cut ruby necklace can be both romantic and playful.
- Marquise Ruby Gemstone
- A ruby necklace with a marquise shape cut is dramatic and stunning. The marquise shape cut is best described as two pear cuts joined together. The marquise shape cut in a ruby necklace is perfect for a longer slender neckline.
How to Select the Precious Metal for a Ruby Necklace
Selecting the precious metal for your ruby necklace is a matter of personal choice and price. Luckily, a ruby necklace looks great in sterling silver and all the colors of gold. You can really follow your own personal style and select the metal color that you prefer the most. Both sterling silver and white gold have a similar appearance but are very different in price. The sterling silver is much less expensive but white gold gives you a richer look for the price. A ruby necklace in yellow gold or rose gold are great choices too as their unique colors look outstanding.
How to Select the Diamond Accents and Mounting for a Ruby Necklace
Choosing whether to have accent diamonds on your ruby necklace is truly a matter of style and taste. A ruby necklace can look very nice as a solitaire but adding diamonds is by far the most popular design choice. Diamonds do increase the price of a ruby necklace but not as much as you might think as the diamonds are generally small. A popular ruby necklace design is to have diamonds surrounding the ruby in a halo frame. The diamond halo makes the ruby look a bit larger but most importantly it provides a distinctive color contrast that makes the ruby quite beautiful. Another popular design is to have accent diamonds on the sides of the ruby necklace. This type of ruby necklace design lends an elegance without being too flashy. Without a doubt, combining both a diamond halo and accent diamond in your ruby necklace is the most popular choice.
How to Personalize Your Ruby Necklace
One way to personalize your ruby necklace is to have your necklace engraved on the back. Depending on the width of the necklace and the design space, you can have your name or special message engraved. This is a great idea for gift-giving and if the ruby necklace has a special purpose.
How to Use a Ruby Necklace as a Push Present
The gift of jewelry makes a great push present. A ruby necklace is great for a mother either delivering a July baby or who has ruby as their own birthstone. Having a baby is life changing and that is why gifting fine jewelry is so appropriate. Just think, every time Mom looks at the beautiful ruby necklace, she will think about the glorious day of delivery. How special is that?
How to Clean your Ruby Necklace
Cleaning a ruby necklace is very simple and you can generally do it yourself. Start by creating a mixture of warm water and a few drops of mild dishwashing soap. Soak your ruby necklace for about 10 – 15 minutes and then gently brush the stone with a new soft-bristled toothbrush. Then rinse your ruby necklace under warm running water to remove the soap film. Gently dry the ruby necklace with a soft cloth taking care not to snag any prongs or gemstones. For an elevated sparkle you can use a professionally formulated jewelry cleaner. Steam cleaning is not recommended.
How to Ensemble Your Ruby Necklace
Once you have selected your ruby necklace adding a matching ring, earrings, or bracelet is quite easy. The color of rubies can vary from deep red to medium pink. The most important thing is that your ruby jewelry wardrobe is a self-expression all your own. There is really no right or wrong.