Find the Best Peridot Earrings at SuperJeweler!
Peridot earrings make a great addition to one’s jewelry wardrobe. Peridots are always green, with shades ranging from a slightly yellowish-green to a dark brownish-green hue and everything in between to compliment most any color of outfit. Peridot earrings are the birthstone for August which makes it both a great birthday gift and push gift for that special August baby. They have long been prized for their beauty and deep, rich green shades, and symbolize the personal traits of strength, vibrancy, energy, and curiosity. Today, Superjeweler.com offers the best peridot earrings with your choice of precious metals like gold, sterling silver, and platinum. You can also find several special peridot earrings styled with diamonds. The prices at SuperJeweler.com are the best and can fit any budget.
Finding matching jewelry for peridot earrings is easy at SuperJeweler.com. There are many different peridot ring styles as well as peridot bracelet and necklace styles that can easily be matched and make a fashion statement. You can buy a matching set all at once or buy peridot earrings today, and the matching peridot necklace, ring and bracelet for other special occasions. No matter how you might buy your jewelry, SuperJeweler.com always has the best selection and price.
Frequently Asked Question
- What birthstone month is peridot?
- Peridot is the traditional birthstone for August. Peridot earrings make a great August birthday gift, but also a great August push present to the mother for the birth of an August baby. At SuperJeweler.com you will find a great selection of peridot earrings at the best prices.
- What color gold goes best with peridot?
- Peridots come in rich shades of green ranging from slightly yellowish-green to a dark brownish-green hue and everything in between. Peridot green compliments white gold, sterling silver, and platinum, but it also, looks great in both yellow gold and rose gold. This makes peridots extremely easy to select and wear.
- Is peridot a good stone for earrings?
- Peridot earrings are great to wear and so is a peridot bracelet, rings, and necklaces. Peridots have a fair to good toughness, making them somewhat durable for everyday wear with care. Like most gemstones, peridots should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance peridot jewelry can last for many years. Additionally, peridot jewelry must never be cleaned with any steam or ultrasonic machines.
- Can you wear peridot every day?
- Peridot jewelry can be worn every day and compliment many colors of outfits. Peridots have a fair to good toughness, making them somewhat durable for everyday wear with care. Like most gemstones, peridots should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance peridot jewelry can last for many years. Additionally, peridot jewelry must never be cleaned with any steam or ultrasonic machines. Try matching up and wearing the rich green hues of peridots with different colors in your wardrobe—a white or grey outfit with peridots looks spectacular and polished. Peridots also look great with lighter greens, pinks, and yellows. SuperJeweler.com has hundreds of peridot styles at the best prices.
How to Choose Peridot Earrings
How to Select the Gemstone Shape of Peridot Earrings
Peridot gemstones for peridot earrings come in a variety of shape cuts and sizes. The different shape cuts provide a range of style and fashion choices for each peridot earring design. The most popular peridot gemstone shape cuts fall into two categories: Classic and Fancy.
- Classic Peridot Gemstone Shapes Include Round, Oval, Emerald, and Square Cuts
- Round Peridot Gemstone
- The round shape cut is a popular shape for gemstones. For peridot earrings it can be used as the center stone or as the side or cluster stones. The round shape cut is popular for peridot earrings in the simple stud design, but other shape cuts have become of greater fashion and design prominence. Yet the round cut shape for peridot earrings is a beautiful choice.
- Oval Peridot Gemstone
- Peridot oval shape cuts are amazingly popular for peridot earrings. The elongating silhouette of this shape merges the classic with the modern. The longer dimensions allow this shape cut to appear incredibly elegant. Adding a halo of diamonds to an oval peridot is stunning.
- Emerald/Octagon Peridot Gemstone
- The emerald or octagon shape cut has eight sides and is extremely popular for peridot earrings. The rectangular shape can mislead the eye into thinking there are only four sides, but don’t be fooled. It is the presence of those tiny corner cuts that round it out to eight. This shape cut is elegant and stunning and lends itself to many beautiful styles of peridot earrings.
- Square Peridot Gemstone
- The square shape cut for peridot earrings is surely a bold and classic look. It is perfect to show off the beautiful hues of green, that range from a slightly yellowish-green to a dark brownish-green hue and everything in between. The square shape cut can look great when turned one-quarter-turn, so that the corners point up and down/right and left.
- Fancy Peridot Gemstone Shapes Include Cushion, Pear, Heart, and Marquise Cuts
- Cushion Peridot Gemstone
- The design of a cushion shape cut peridot can be squarish or rectangle with soft corners and lines of a cushion or pillow. This shape cut evokes allure and romanticism for many peridot earring designs.
- Pear Peridot Gemstone
- Topping jewelry trends right now is the classic but modern pear shape. With a rounded lower half and a sharp top point, a pear cut adds an illusion of length and delicacy to peridot earrings. This shape cut is ideal for dangle styles of peridot earrings.
- Heart-Shaped Peridot Gemstone
- Like the name insinuates, heart-shaped peridots are cut into a heart by placing a cleft cut at the top of a pear shape. A heart-shaped cut pair of peridot earrings can be both romantic and playful.
- Marquise Peridot Gemstone
- Peridot earrings with a marquise shape cut is dramatic and stunning. The marquise shape cut is best described as two pear cuts joined together. The marquise shape cut in peridot earrings is perfect for a longer slender neckline and with your hair pulled up.
How to Select the Precious Metal for Peridot Earrings
Selecting the precious metal for your peridot earrings is a matter of personal choice and price. Luckily, peridot earrings look great in sterling silver and all the colors of gold. You can really follow your own personal style and select the metal color that you prefer the most. Both sterling silver and white gold have a similar appearance but are very different in price. The sterling silver is much less expensive but white gold gives you a richer look for the price. Peridot earrings in yellow gold or rose gold are great choices too as their unique colors look outstanding.
How to Select the Diamond Accents and Mounting for Peridot Earrings
Choosing whether to have accent diamonds on your peridot earrings is truly a matter of style and taste. Peridot earrings can look very nice as a solitaire but adding diamonds is by far the most popular design choice. Diamonds do increase the price of peridot earrings but not as much as you might think as the diamonds are generally small. A popular peridot earrings design is to have diamonds surrounding the peridot in a diamond halo frame. The diamond halo makes the peridots look a bit larger but most importantly it provides a distinctive color contrast that makes the peridots quite beautiful. Another popular design is to have accent diamonds at the top of the peridot earrings. This type of peridot earrings design is generally used for diamond dangle styles and lends an elegance without being too flashy. Without a doubt, combining both a diamond halo and accent diamond in the earrings is the most popular choice. Also, many dangle earring designs offer movement. This design type provides additional eye-catching opportunities.
How to Personalize Your Peridot Earrings
One way to personalize your peridot earrings is to have your earrings engraved on the back. Depending on the width of the earrings and the design space, you can have your name or special message engraved. This is a great idea for gift-giving and if the peridot earrings have a special purpose.
How to Use Peridot Earrings as a Push Present
The gift of jewelry makes a great push present. Peridot earrings are great for a mother either delivering an August baby or who has peridot as their own birthstone. Having a baby is life changing and that is why gifting fine jewelry is so appropriate. Just think, every time Mom looks at her beautiful peridot earrings, she will think about the glorious day of delivery. How special is that?
How to Clean your Peridot Earrings
Cleaning peridot earrings is very simple, and you can generally do it yourself. Start by creating a mixture of lukewarm water and a few drops of mild dishwashing soap. Soak your peridot earrings for only about 3 – 5 minutes and then very gently brush the stone with a new soft-bristled toothbrush. Then rinse your peridot earrings under lukewarm running water to remove the soap film. Gently dry your peridot earrings with a soft cloth taking care not to snag any prongs or gemstones. For an elevated sparkle you can use a professionally formulated jewelry cleaner. Steam and ultrasonic cleaning machines are strictly prohibited.
How to Ensemble Your Peridot Earrings
Once you have selected your peridot earrings adding a matching ring, necklace, or bracelet is quite easy. The color of peridots can vary from a slightly yellowish-green to a dark brownish-green hue and everything in between. The most important thing is that your peridot jewelry wardrobe is a self-expression all your own. There is really no right or wrong.