Find the Best Peridot Necklaces at SuperJeweler!
A peridot necklace makes a great addition to one’s jewelry wardrobe. Peridots are always green, with shades ranging from a slightly yellowish-green to a dark brownish-green hue and everything in between to compliment most any color of outfit. A peridot necklace is the birthstone for August which makes it both a great birthday gift and push gift for that special August baby. They have long been prized for their beauty and deep, rich green shades, and symbolize the personal traits of strength, vibrancy, energy, and curiosity. Today, Superjeweler.com offers the best peridot necklace selection with your choice of precious metals like gold, sterling silver, and platinum. You can also find a special peridot necklace styled with diamonds. The prices at SuperJeweler.com are the best and can fit any budget.
Finding matching jewelry for a peridot necklace is easy at SuperJeweler.com. There are many different peridot ring styles as well as peridot earrings and bracelet styles that can easily be matched and make a fashion statement. You can buy a matching set all at once or buy a peridot necklace today, and the peridot bracelet, earrings and ring for other special occasions. No matter how you might buy your jewelry, SuperJeweler.com always has the best selection and price.
Frequently Asked Question
- What birthstone month is peridot?
- Peridot is the traditional birthstone for August. A peridot necklace makes a great August birthday gift, but also a great August push present to the mother for the birth of an August baby. At SuperJeweler.com you will find a great peridot necklace selection at the best prices.
- What color gold goes best with peridot?
- Peridots come in rich shades of green ranging from slightly yellowish-green to a dark brownish-green hue and everything in between. Peridot green compliments white gold, sterling silver, and platinum, but it also, looks great in both yellow gold and rose gold. This makes peridots extremely easy to select and wear.
- Is peridot a good stone for a necklace?
- A peridot necklace is great to wear and so are peridot earrings, rings, and bracelets. Peridots have a fair to good toughness, making them somewhat durable for everyday wear with care. Like most gemstones, peridots should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance peridot jewelry can last for many years. Additionally, peridot jewelry must never be cleaned with any steam or ultrasonic machines.
- Can you wear peridot every day?
- Peridot jewelry can be worn every day and compliment many colors of outfits. Peridots have a fair to good toughness, making them somewhat durable for everyday wear with care. Like most gemstones, peridots should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance peridot jewelry can last for many years. Additionally, peridot jewelry must never be cleaned with any steam or ultrasonic machines. Try matching up and wearing the rich green hues of peridots with different colors in your wardrobe—a white or grey outfit with peridots looks spectacular and polished. Peridots also look great with lighter greens, pinks, and yellows. SuperJeweler.com has hundreds of peridot styles at the best prices.
How to Choose a Peridot Necklace
How to Select the Shape of Peridot Necklace Gemstones
Peridot gemstones for a peridot necklace come in a variety of shape cuts and sizes. The different shape cuts provide a range of style and fashion choices of each peridot necklace design. The most popular peridot gemstone shape cuts fall into two categories: Classic and Fancy.
- Classic Peridot Gemstone Shapes Include Round, Oval, Emerald, and Square Cuts
- Round Peridot Gemstone
- The round shape cut is a popular shape for gemstones. For a peridot necklace it can be used as the center stone or as the side or cluster stones. Though the round shape cut is popular for a peridot necklace, other shape cuts have become of greater fashion and design prominence. Yet the round cut shape for a peridot necklace is a beautiful choice.
- Oval Peridot Gemstone
- Peridot oval shape cuts are amazingly popular for a peridot necklace. The elongating silhouette of this shape merges the classic with the modern. The longer dimensions allow this shape cut to appear incredibly elegant while enhancing the neckline. Adding a halo of diamonds to an oval peridot is stunning.
- Emerald/Octagon Peridot Gemstone
- The emerald or octagon shape cut has eight sides and is extremely popular for a peridot necklace. The rectangular shape can mislead the eye into thinking there are only four sides, but don’t be fooled. It is the presence of those tiny corner cuts that round it out to eight. This shape cut is elegant and stunning and lends itself to many beautiful peridot necklace styles.
- Square Peridot Gemstone
- The square shape cut for a peridot necklace is surely a bold and classic look. It is perfect to show off the beautiful hues of green, that range from a slightly yellowish-green to a dark brownish-green hue and everything in between.
- Fancy Peridot Gemstone Shapes Include Cushion, Pear, Heart, and Marquise Cuts
- Cushion Peridot Gemstone
- The design of a cushion shape cut peridot can be squarish or rectangle with soft corners and lines of a cushion or pillow. This shape cut evokes allure and romanticism for many peridot necklace designs.
- Pear Peridot Gemstone
- Topping jewelry trends right now is the classic but modern pear shape. With a rounded lower half and a sharp top point, a pear cut adds an illusion of length and delicacy to a peridot necklace.
- Heart-Shaped Peridot Gemstone
- Like the name insinuates, heart-shaped peridots are cut into a heart by placing a cleft cut at the top of a pear shape. Heart-shaped cut peridot necklace can be both romantic and playful.
- Marquise Peridot Gemstone
- A peridot necklace with marquise shape cuts is dramatic and stunning. The marquise shape cut is best described as two pear cuts joined together. The marquise shape cut in a peridot necklace is perfect for a longer slender neckline.
How to Select the Precious Metal for a Peridot Necklace
Selecting the precious metals for a peridot necklace is a matter of personal choice and price. Luckily, a peridot necklace looks great in sterling silver and all the colors of gold. You can really follow your own personal style and select the metal color that you prefer the most. Both sterling silver and white gold have a similar appearance but are very different in price. The sterling silver is much less expensive but white gold gives you a richer look for the price. A peridot necklace in yellow gold or rose gold are great choices too as their unique colors look outstanding.
How to Select the Diamond Accents and Mounting for a Peridot Necklace
Choosing whether to have accent diamonds on a peridot necklace is truly a matter of style and taste. A peridot necklace can look very nice as a solitaire but adding diamonds is by far the most popular design choice. Diamonds do increase the price of a peridot necklace but not as much as you might think as the diamonds are generally small. Popular peridot necklace designs are to have diamonds surrounding the peridot in a halo frame. The diamond halo makes the peridot look a bit larger but most importantly it provides a distinctive color contrast that makes the peridot quite beautiful. Another popular design is to have accent diamonds on the sides of the peridot necklace. This peridot necklace design lends an elegance without being too flashy. Without a doubt, combining both a diamond halo and accent diamond in peridot necklace are the most popular choice.
How to Personalize a Peridot Necklace
One way to personalize a peridot necklace is to have the necklace engraved on the back. Depending on the width of the necklace and the design space, you can have your name or special message engraved. This is a great idea for gift-giving and if the peridot necklace has a special purpose.
How to Use a Peridot Necklace as a Push Present
The gift of jewelry makes a great push present. A peridot necklace is great for a mother either delivering an August baby or who has peridot as their own birthstone. Having a baby is life changing and that is why gifting fine jewelry is so appropriate. Just think, every time Mom looks at her beautiful peridot necklace, she will think about the glorious day of delivery. How special is that?
How to Clean a Peridot Necklace
Cleaning a peridot necklace is very simple, and you can generally do it yourself. Start by creating a mixture of lukewarm water and a few drops of mild dishwashing soap. Soak the peridot necklace for only about 3 – 5 minutes and then very gently brush the stone with a new soft-bristled toothbrush. Then rinse the peridot necklace under lukewarm running water to remove the soap film. Gently dry the peridot necklace with a soft cloth taking care not to snag any prongs or gemstones. For an elevated sparkle you can use a professionally formulated jewelry cleaner. Steam and ultrasonic cleaning machines are strictly prohibited.
How to Ensemble a Peridot Necklace
Once the peridot necklace is selected adding a matching ring, earrings, or bracelet is quite easy. The color of peridots can vary from a slightly yellowish-green to a dark brownish-green hue and everything in between. The most important thing is that your peridot jewelry wardrobe is a self-expression all your own. There is really no right or wrong.