Find the Best Sapphire Ring at SuperJeweler!
A sapphire ring makes a great addition to one’s jewelry wardrobe. The rich and warm color hues of blue, cornflower, royal, and indigo are perfect to compliment most any color of outfit. Sapphire jewelry is the birthstone for September which makes it both a great birthday gift and push gift for that special September baby. Also, sapphires symbolize love, strength, and success, with many royal cultures believing that sapphires protected them from envy and infidelity. Today, Superjeweler.com offers the best sapphire ring selection with your choice of precious metals like gold, sterling silver, and platinum. You can also find that special sapphire ring style with diamonds. The prices at SuperJeweler.com are the best and can fit any budget.
Finding matching jewelry for a sapphire ring is easy at SuperJeweler.com. There are many different styles of sapphire necklace, earrings and bracelets that can easily be matched and make a fashion statement. You can buy a matching set all at once or buy a sapphire ring today, and the matching sapphire earrings, necklace, and bracelet for other special occasions. No matter how you might buy your jewelry, SuperJeweler.com always has the best selection and price.
Frequently Asked Question
- Can sapphire be worn as an engagement ring?
- Yes, a sapphire engagement ring is a good choice as a unique alternative engagement ring as sapphires represent love, strength, and success, which are great traits to symbolize a marriage. At SuperJeweler.com there are many sapphire ring styles that can be selected as an engagement ring. You can also, customize most any diamond engagement ring style by requesting the style be made with a sapphire. Just ask SuperJeweler.com!
- What color gold goes best with sapphire?
- Sapphires come in a variety of rich and warm hues of blue, cornflower, royal, and indigo. Blue compliments white gold, sterling silver, and platinum, but it also, looks great in both yellow gold and rose gold. This makes sapphires extremely easy to select and wear.
- What birthstone month is sapphire?
- Sapphire is the traditional birthstone for September. A sapphire ring makes a great September birthday gift, but also a great September push present to the mother for the birth of a September baby. At SuperJeweler.com you will find a great sapphire ring selection at the best prices.
- Is sapphire a good stone for a ring?
- Sapphire rings are great and so is a sapphire bracelet, necklace and, earrings. Sapphires have an excellent toughness, making them durable enough for everyday wear. Like most gemstones, sapphires should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance a sapphire ring can last for many years.
- Can you wear sapphire every day?
- Sapphire jewelry can be worn every day and compliment many colors of outfits. Sapphires have an excellent toughness, making them durable enough for everyday wear. Like most gemstones, sapphires should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance a sapphire ring can last for many years. Try matching up and wearing the rich and warm hues of sapphire blues with different colors in your wardrobe—a white or grey outfit with blue sapphires looks spectacular and polished. Sapphire also looks great with lighter blues, pinks, and yellows. SuperJeweler.com has hundreds of sapphire ring styles at the best price.
- Can men wear a sapphire ring?
- Yes, men can wear a sapphire ring. Sapphires have an excellent toughness, making them durable enough for everyday wear. Like most gemstones, sapphires should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance a sapphire ring can last for many years. SuperJeweler.com has a great selection of men’s rings at the best price.
How to Choose a Sapphire Ring
How to Select the Shape of a Sapphire Ring Gemstone
Sapphire gemstones for a sapphire ring come in a variety of shape cuts and sizes. The different shape cuts provide a range of style and fashion choices to each sapphire ring design. The most popular sapphire gemstone shape cuts fall into two categories: Classic and Fancy.
- Classic Sapphire Gemstone Shapes Include Round, Oval, Emerald, and Square Cuts
- Round Sapphire Gemstone
- The round shape cut is a popular shape for gemstones. For a sapphire ring it can be used as the center stone or as the side or cluster stones. Though the round shape cut is popular for a sapphire ring, other shape cuts have become of greater fashion and design prominence. Yet the round cut shape for a sapphire ring is a beautiful choice.
- Oval Sapphire Gemstone
- Sapphire oval shape cuts are amazingly popular for a sapphire ring. The elongating silhouette of this shape merges the classic with the modern. The longer dimensions allow this shape cut to appear incredibly elegant while enhancing hands of any size. Adding a halo of diamonds to an oval sapphire is stunning.
- Emerald/Octagon Sapphire Gemstone
- The emerald or octagon shape cut has eight sides and is extremely popular for a sapphire ring. The rectangular shape can mislead the eye into thinking there are only four sides, but don’t be fooled. It is the presence of those tiny corner cuts that round it out to eight. This shape cut is elegant and stunning and lends itself to many beautiful sapphire ring styles.
- Square Sapphire Gemstone
- The square shape cut for a sapphire ring is surely a bold and classic look. It is perfect to show off the beautiful blue hues of this most attractive gemstone.
- Fancy Sapphire Gemstone Shapes Include Cushion, Pear, Heart, and Marquise Cuts
- Cushion Sapphire Gemstone
- The design of a cushion shape cut sapphire can be squarish or rectangle with soft corners and lines of a cushion or pillow. This shape cut evokes allure and romanticism for many sapphire ring designs.
- Pear Sapphire Gemstone
- Topping jewelry trends right now is the classic but modern pear shape. With a rounded lower half and a sharp top point, a pear cut adds an illusion of length and delicacy to the finger.
- Heart-Shaped Sapphire Gemstone
- Like the name insinuates, heart-shaped sapphires are cut into a heart by placing a cleft cut at the top of a pear shape. A heart-shaped cut sapphire ring can be both romantic and playful.
- Marquise Sapphire Gemstone
- A sapphire ring with a marquise shape cut is dramatic and stunning. The marquise shape cut is best described as two pear cuts joined together. The marquise shape cut in a sapphire ring is perfect for long slender fingers.
How to Select the Precious Metal for a Sapphire Ring
Selecting the precious metal for your sapphire ring is a matter of personal choice and price. Luckily, a sapphire ring looks great in sterling silver and all the colors of gold. You can really follow your own personal style and select the metal color that you prefer the most. Both sterling silver and white gold have a similar appearance but are very different in price. The sterling silver is much less expensive but white gold gives you a richer look for the price. A sapphire ring in yellow gold or rose gold are great choices too as their unique colors look outstanding.
How to Select the Diamond Accents and Mounting for a Sapphire Ring
Choosing whether to have accent diamonds on your sapphire ring is truly a matter of style and taste. A sapphire ring can look very nice as a solitaire but adding diamonds is by far the most popular design choice. Diamonds do increase the price of a sapphire ring but not as much as you might think as the diamonds are generally small. A popular sapphire ring design is to have diamonds surrounding the sapphire in a halo frame. The diamond halo makes the sapphire look a bit larger but most importantly it provides a distinctive color contrast that makes the sapphire quite beautiful. Another popular design is to have accent diamonds on the sides of the sapphire ring. This type of sapphire ring design lends an elegance without being too flashy. Without a doubt, combining both a diamond halo and accent diamond in the ring is the most popular choice.
How to Select an East-West Sapphire Ring
An east-west sapphire ring is a type of ring design where the sapphire is oriented horizontally. This horizontal design treatment gives a decidedly fresh aesthetic. An east-west sapphire ring is a great design choice that is often overlooked. Only jewelers that offer a vast sapphire ring selection will have an east-west option.
How to Personalize Your Sapphire Ring
One way to personalize your sapphire ring is to have your ring engraved on the inside. Depending on the width of the ring and the design space, you can have your name or special message engraved. This is a great idea for gift-giving and if the sapphire ring has a special purpose.
How to Use a Sapphire Ring as an Engagement Ring
Engagement rings do not have to be all diamond! Using a gemstone as the center stone in an engagement ring has become very popular for a couple of reasons. One reason is costs as gemstones are generally less expensive than diamonds of the same size. Another reason is personal style. A sapphire ring as an engagement ring is a great choice if you want a unique look and to make a fashion statement. Adding a wedding band to a sapphire ring design is easy as most styles can accommodate most bands; otherwise, a customized wedding band can be made to fit. One caution that should be mentioned is that most gemstones are less durable than a diamond. Sapphires are pretty tough and with proper care will look beautiful for many years.
How to Clean your Sapphire Ring
Cleaning a sapphire ring is very simple and you can generally do it yourself. Start by creating a mixture of warm water and a few drops of mild dishwashing soap. Soak your sapphire ring for about 10 – 15 minutes and then gently brush the stone with a new soft-bristled toothbrush. Then rinse your sapphire ring under warm running water to remove the soap film. Gently dry the sapphire ring with a soft cloth taking care not to snag any prongs or gemstones. For an elevated sparkle you can use a professionally formulated jewelry cleaner. Steam cleaning is not recommended.
How to Ensemble Your Sapphire Ring
Once you have selected your sapphire ring adding a matching necklace, earrings, or bracelet is quite easy. The color of sapphires can vary from the rich and warm hues of blue, cornflower, royal, and indigo. The most important thing is that your sapphire jewelry wardrobe is a self-expression all your own. There is really no right or wrong.