Find the Best Green Amethyst Necklace at SuperJeweler!
A green amethyst necklace makes a great addition to one’s jewelry wardrobe. The lively and light hues of green ranging from leek-green to mint-green are perfect to compliment most any color of outfit. Green amethyst jewelry is the birthstone for February which makes it both a great birthday gift and push gift for that special February baby. Also, green amethyst in gemological terms is called “Prasiolite” which symbolizes abundance, prosperity, and self-reliance. Today, Superjeweler.com offers the best green amethyst necklace selection with your choice of precious metals like gold, sterling silver, and platinum. You can also find a special green amethyst necklace styled with diamonds. The prices at SuperJeweler.com are the best and can fit any budget.
Finding matching jewelry for a green amethyst necklace is easy at SuperJeweler.com. There are many different styles of green amethyst earrings, bracelets, and rings that can easily be matched and make a fashion statement. You can buy a matching set all at once or buy a green amethyst necklace today, and a green amethyst ring, bracelet, and earrings for other special occasions. No matter how you might buy your jewelry, SuperJeweler.com always has the best selection and price.
Frequently Asked Question
- What birthstone month is green amethyst?
- Green amethyst is the traditional birthstone for February. Green amethyst jewelry makes a great February birthday gift, but also a great February push present to the mother for the birth of a February baby. At SuperJeweler.com you will find a great selection of green amethyst jewelry at the best price.
- What color gold goes best with green amethyst?
- Green amethysts come in a variety of lively and light hues of green ranging from leek-green to mint-green. Green compliments white gold, sterling silver, and platinum, but it also, looks great in both yellow gold and rose gold. This makes green amethyst extremely easy to select and wear.
- Is green amethyst a good stone for a necklace?
- A green amethyst necklace is great to wear and so is an green amethyst ring, earrings, and bracelet. Green amethysts have good toughness, making them durable enough for everyday wear. Green amethyst should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance a green amethyst necklace can last for many years.
- Can you wear green amethyst every day?
- Green amethyst jewelry can be worn every day and compliment many colors of outfits. Green amethysts have good toughness, making them durable enough for everyday wear. Green amethyst should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance a green amethyst necklace can last for many years. Try matching up and wearing the lively and light hues of greens with different colors in your wardrobe—a black and white outfit with green amethysts looks spectacular and polished. Green amethyst also looks great with greys and yellows. SuperJeweler.com has hundreds of green amethyst jewelry styles at the best price.
How to Choose a Green Amethyst Necklace
How to Select the Shape of a Green Amethyst Necklace Gemstone
Green amethyst gemstones for a green amethyst necklace come in a variety of shape cuts and sizes. The different shape cuts provide a range of style and fashion choices to each green amethyst necklace design. The most popular green amethyst gemstone shape cuts fall into two categories: Classic and Fancy.
- Classic Green Amethyst Gemstone Shapes Include Round, Oval, Emerald, and Square Cuts
- Round Green Amethyst Gemstone
- The round shape cut is a popular shape for gemstones. For a green amethyst necklace, it can be used as the center stone or as the side or cluster stones. Though the round shape cut is popular for a green amethyst necklace, other shape cuts have become of greater fashion and design prominence. Yet the round cut shape for a green amethyst necklace is a beautiful choice.
- Oval Green Amethyst Gemstone
- Green amethyst oval shape cuts are amazingly popular for a green amethyst necklace. The elongating silhouette of this shape merges the classic with the modern. The longer dimensions allow this shape cut to appear incredibly elegant while enhancing the neckline. Adding a halo of diamonds to an oval green amethyst is stunning.
- Emerald/Octagon Green Amethyst Gemstone
- The emerald or octagon shape cut has eight sides and is extremely popular for a green amethyst necklace. The rectangular shape can mislead the eye into thinking there are only four sides, but don’t be fooled. It is the presence of those tiny corner cuts that round it out to eight. This shape cut is elegant and stunning and lends itself to many beautiful green amethyst necklace styles.
- Square Green Amethyst Gemstone
- The square shape cut for a green amethyst ring is surely a bold and classic look. It is perfect to show off the beautiful light hues of green of this natural gemstone.
- Fancy Green Amethyst Gemstone Shapes Include Cushion, Pear, Heart, and Marquise Cuts
- Cushion Green Amethyst Gemstone
- The design of a cushion shape cut green amethyst can be squarish or rectangle with soft corners and lines of a cushion or pillow. This shape cut evokes allure and romanticism for many green amethyst necklace designs.
- Pear Green Amethyst Gemstone
- Topping jewelry trends right now is the classic but modern pear shape. With a rounded lower half and a sharp top point, a pear cut adds an illusion of length and delicacy to a green amethyst necklace.
- Heart-Shaped Green Amethyst Gemstone
- Like the name insinuates, heart-shaped green amethysts are cut into a heart by placing a cleft cut at the top of a pear shape. A heart-shaped cut green amethyst necklace can be both romantic and playful.
- Marquise Green Amethyst Gemstone
- A green amethyst necklace with a marquise shape cut is dramatic and stunning. The marquise shape cut is best described as two pear cuts joined together. The marquise shape cut in a green amethyst necklace is perfect for a longer slender neckline.
How to Select the Precious Metal for a Green Amethyst Necklace
Selecting the precious metal for your green amethyst necklace is a matter of personal choice and price. Luckily, a green amethyst necklace looks great in sterling silver and all the colors of gold. You can really follow your own personal style and select the metal color that you prefer the most. Both sterling silver and white gold have a similar appearance but are very different in price. The sterling silver is much less expensive but white gold gives you a richer look for the price. A green amethyst necklace in yellow gold or rose gold are great choices too as their unique colors look outstanding.
How to Select the Diamond Accents and Mounting for a Green Amethyst Necklace
Choosing whether to have accent diamonds on your green amethyst necklace is truly a matter of style and taste. A green amethyst necklace can look very nice as a solitaire but adding diamonds is by far the most popular design choice. Diamonds do increase the price of a green amethyst necklace but not as much as you might think as the diamonds are generally small. A popular green amethyst necklace design is to have diamonds surrounding the green amethyst in a halo frame. The diamond halo makes the green amethyst look a bit larger but most importantly it provides a distinctive color contrast that makes the green amethyst quite beautiful. Another popular design is to have accent diamonds on the sides of the green amethyst necklace. This type of green amethyst necklace design lends an elegance without being too flashy. Without a doubt, combining both a diamond halo and accent diamond in your green amethyst necklace is the most popular choice.
How to Personalize Your Green Amethyst Necklace
One way to personalize your green amethyst necklace is to have your necklace engraved on the back. Depending on the width of the necklace and the design space, you can have your name or special message engraved. This is a great idea for gift-giving and if the green amethyst necklace has a special purpose.
How to Use a Green Amethyst Necklace as a Push Present
The gift of jewelry makes a great push present. A green amethyst necklace is great for a mother either delivering a February baby or who has green amethyst as their own birthstone. Having a baby is life changing and that is why gifting fine jewelry is so appropriate. Just think, every time Mom looks at the beautiful green amethyst necklace, she will think about the glorious day of delivery. How special is that?
How to Clean your Green Amethyst Necklace
Cleaning a green amethyst necklace is very simple and you can generally do it yourself. Start by creating a mixture of warm water and a few drops of mild dishwashing soap. Soak your green amethyst necklace for about 10 – 15 minutes and then gently brush the stone with a new soft-bristled toothbrush. Then rinse your green amethyst necklace under warm running water to remove the soap film. Gently dry the green amethyst necklace with a soft cloth taking care not to snag any prongs or gemstones. For an elevated sparkle you can use a professionally formulated jewelry cleaner. Steam cleaning is not recommended.
How to Ensemble Your Green Amethyst Necklace
Once you have selected your green amethyst necklace adding a matching ring, earrings, or bracelet is quite easy. The color of green amethysts can vary from leek-green to mint-green. The most important thing is that your amethyst jewelry wardrobe is a self-expression all your own. There is really no right or wrong.