Find the Best Amethyst Earrings at SuperJeweler!
Amethyst earrings make a great addition to one’s jewelry wardrobe. The lively and bright hues of purple ranging from light to dark and reddish-purple, lavender, lilac, and mauve are perfect to compliment most any color of outfit. Amethyst earrings are the birthstone for February which makes it both a great birthday gift and push gift for that special February baby. Also, amethyst earrings symbolize the interpersonal traits of balance, healing, protections, spirituality, and peace. Today, SuperJeweler.com offers the best amethyst earrings with your choice of precious metals like gold, sterling silver, and platinum. You can also find several special amethyst earrings styled with diamonds. The prices at SuperJeweler.com are the best and can fit any budget.
Finding matching jewelry for amethyst earrings is easy at SuperJeweler.com. There are many different styles of amethyst ring, necklaces, and bracelets that can easily be matched and make a fashion statement. You can buy a matching set all at once or buy amethyst earrings today, and the ring, necklace, and bracelet for other special occasions. No matter how you might buy your jewelry, SuperJeweler.com always has the best selection and price.
Frequently Asked Question
- What birthstone month is amethyst?
- Amethyst is the traditional birthstone for February. Amethyst jewelry makes a great February birthday gift, but also a great February push present to the mother for the birth of a February baby. At SuperJeweler.com you will find a great selection of amethyst jewelry at the best price.
- What color gold goes best with amethyst?
- Amethysts come in a variety of lively and bright hues of purple ranging from light to dark and reddish-purple, lavender, lilac, and mauve. Purple compliments white gold, sterling silver, and platinum, but it also, looks great in both yellow gold and rose gold. This makes amethysts extremely easy to select and wear.
- Is amethyst a good stone for earrings?
- Amethyst earrings are great to wear and so are amethyst bracelets, rings, and necklaces. Amethysts have good toughness, making them durable enough for everyday wear. Amethyst should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance amethyst earrings can last for many years.
- Can you wear amethyst every day?
- Amethyst jewelry can be worn every day and compliment many colors of outfits. Amethysts have good toughness, making them durable enough for everyday wear. Amethyst should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance amethyst jewelry can last for many years. Try matching up and wearing the lively and bright hues of purple ranging from light to dark of amethyst with different colors in your wardrobe—a black and white outfit with red amethysts looks spectacular and polished. Amethyst also looks great with greys and yellows. SuperJeweler.com has hundreds of amethyst jewelry styles at the best price.
- Are amethyst earrings a good Valentine’s gift?
- Yes, amethyst earrings make a great Valentine’s gift. Amethyst gemstones come in several shapes. One popular shape is found in heart-shaped amethyst earrings which is a great gift for Valentine’s Day or to just say “I love you”. SuperJeweler.com has great amethyst earrings and you always get the best price.
How to Choose Amethyst Earrings
How to Select the Gemstone Shape of Amethyst Earrings
Amethyst gemstones for amethyst earrings come in a variety of shape cuts and sizes. The different shape cuts provide a range of style and fashion choices for each amethyst earring design. The most popular amethyst gemstone shape cuts fall into two categories: Classic and Fancy.
- Classic Amethyst Gemstone Shapes Include Round, Oval, Emerald, and Square Cuts
- Round Amethyst Gemstone
- The round shape cut is a popular shape for gemstones. For amethyst earrings it can be used as the center stone or as the side or cluster stones. The round shape cut is popular for amethyst earrings in the simple stud design, but other shape cuts have become of greater fashion and design prominence. Yet the round cut shape for amethyst earrings is a beautiful choice.
- Oval Amethyst Gemstone
- Amethyst oval shape cuts are amazingly popular for amethyst earrings. The elongating silhouette of this shape merges the classic with the modern. The longer dimensions allow this shape cut to appear incredibly elegant. Adding a halo of diamonds to an oval amethyst is stunning.
- Emerald/Octagon Amethyst Gemstone
- The emerald or octagon shape cut has eight sides and is extremely popular for amethyst earrings. The rectangular shape can mislead the eye into thinking there are only four sides, but don’t be fooled. It is the presence of those tiny corner cuts that round it out to eight. This shape cut is elegant and stunning and lends itself to many beautiful styles of amethyst earrings.
- Square Amethyst Gemstone
- The square shape cut for amethyst earrings is surely a bold and classic look. It is perfect to show off the beautiful hues of purple of this natural gemstone. The square shape cut can look great when turned one-quarter-turn, so that the corners point up and down/right and left.
- Fancy Amethyst Gemstone Shapes Include Cushion, Pear, Heart, and Marquise Cuts
- Cushion Amethyst Gemstone
- The design of a cushion shape cut amethyst can be squarish or rectangle with soft corners and lines of a cushion or pillow. This shape cut evokes allure and romanticism for many amethyst earring designs.
- Pear Amethyst Gemstone
- Topping jewelry trends right now is the classic but modern pear shape. With a rounded lower half and a sharp top point, a pear cut adds an illusion of length and delicacy to amethyst earrings. This shape cut is ideal for dangle styles of amethyst earrings.
- Heart-Shaped Amethyst Gemstone
- Like the name insinuates, heart-shaped amethysts are cut into a heart by placing a cleft cut at the top of a pear shape. A heart-shaped cut pair of amethyst earrings can be both romantic and playful.
- Marquise Amethyst Gemstone
- Amethyst earrings with a marquise shape cut is dramatic and stunning. The marquise shape cut is best described as two pear cuts joined together. The marquise shape cut in amethyst earrings is perfect for a longer slender neckline and with your hair pulled up.
How to Select the Precious Metal for Amethyst Earrings
Selecting the precious metal for your amethyst earrings is a matter of personal choice and price. Luckily, amethyst earrings look great in sterling silver and all the colors of gold. You can really follow your own personal style and select the metal color that you prefer the most. Both sterling silver and white gold have a similar appearance but are very different in price. The sterling silver is much less expensive but white gold gives you a richer look for the price. Amethyst earrings in yellow gold or rose gold are great choices too as their unique colors look outstanding.
How to Select the Diamond Accents and Mounting for Amethyst Earrings
Choosing whether to have accent diamonds on your amethyst earrings is truly a matter of style and taste. Amethyst earrings can look very nice as a solitaire but adding diamonds is by far the most popular design choice. Diamonds do increase the price of amethyst earrings but not as much as you might think as the diamonds are generally small. A popular amethyst earrings design is to have diamonds surrounding the amethyst in a diamond halo frame. The diamond halo makes the amethysts look a bit larger but most importantly it provides a distinctive color contrast that makes the amethysts quite beautiful. Another popular design is to have accent diamonds at the top of the amethyst earrings. This type of amethyst earrings design is generally used for diamond dangle styles and lends an elegance without being too flashy. Without a doubt, combining both a diamond halo and accent diamond in the earrings is the most popular choice. Also, many dangle earring designs offer movement. This design type provides additional eye-catching opportunities.
How to Personalize Your Amethyst Earrings
One way to personalize your amethyst earrings is to have your earrings engraved on the back. Depending on the width of the earrings and the design space, you can have your name or special message engraved. This is a great idea for gift-giving and if the amethyst earrings have a special purpose.
How to Use Amethyst Earrings as a Push Present
The gift of jewelry makes a great push present. Amethyst earrings are great for a mother either delivering a February baby or who has amethyst as their own birthstone. Having a baby is life changing and that is why gifting fine jewelry is so appropriate. Just think, every time Mom looks at her beautiful amethyst earrings, she will think about the glorious day of delivery. How special is that?
How to Clean your Amethyst Earrings
Cleaning amethyst earrings is very simple, and you can generally do it yourself. Start by creating a mixture of warm water and a few drops of mild dishwashing soap. Soak your amethyst earrings for about 10 – 15 minutes and then gently brush the stone with a new soft-bristled toothbrush. Then rinse your amethyst earrings under warm running water to remove the soap film. Gently dry the amethyst earrings with a soft cloth taking care not to snag any prongs or gemstones. For an elevated sparkle you can use a professionally formulated jewelry cleaner. Steam cleaning is not recommended.
How to Ensemble Your Amethyst Earrings
Once you have selected your amethyst earrings adding a matching ring, necklace, or bracelet is quite easy. The color of amethysts can vary from deep purple to pale lavender. The most important thing is that your amethyst jewelry wardrobe is a self-expression all your own. There is really no right or wrong.