Find the Best Blue Topaz Necklaces at SuperJeweler!
A blue topaz necklace makes a great addition to one’s jewelry wardrobe. Blue topaz comes in shades of blue including the hues of Sky, Swiss, London, and Paraiba to compliment most any color of outfit. A blue topaz necklace is the birthstone for December which makes it both a great birthday gift and push gift for that special December baby. They have long been prized for their beauty and rich blue shades, and symbolize the personal traits of friendliness, mental strength, and fair-mindedness. Today, Superjeweler.com offers the best blue topaz necklace selection with your choice of precious metals like gold, sterling silver, and platinum. You can also find a special blue topaz necklace styled with diamonds. The prices at SuperJeweler.com are the best and can fit any budget.
Finding matching jewelry for a blue topaz necklace is easy at SuperJeweler.com. There are many different blue topaz ring styles as well as blue topaz earrings and bracelet styles that can easily be matched and make a fashion statement. You can buy a matching set all at once or buy a blue topaz necklace today, and the blue topaz bracelet, earrings and ring for other special occasions. No matter how you might buy your jewelry, SuperJeweler.com always has the best selection and price.
Frequently Asked Question
- What birthstone month is Blue Topaz?
- Blue topaz is the traditional birthstone for December. A blue topaz necklace makes a great December birthday gift, but also a great December push present to the mother for the birth of a December baby. At SuperJeweler.com you will find a great blue topaz necklace selection at the best prices.
- What color gold goes best with Blue Topaz?
- Blue topaz comes in rich shades of blue including the hues of Sky, Swiss, London, and Paraiba. Blue topaz compliments white gold, sterling silver, and platinum, but it also, looks great in both yellow gold and rose gold. This makes blue topaz extremely easy to select and wear.
- Is Blue Topaz a good stone for a necklace?
- A blue topaz necklace is great to wear and so are blue topaz earrings, rings, and bracelets. Blue topaz has a fair to good toughness, making them somewhat durable for everyday wear with care. Like most gemstones, blue topaz should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance blue topaz jewelry can last for many years. Additionally, blue topaz jewelry must never be cleaned with any steam or ultrasonic machines.
- Can you wear Blue Topaz every day?
- Blue topaz jewelry can be worn every day and compliment many colors of outfits. Blue topaz has a fair to good toughness, making them somewhat durable for everyday wear with care. Like most gemstones, blue topaz should not be subject to any hard blows or rough wear, but with proper care and maintenance blue topaz jewelry can last for many years. Additionally, blue topaz jewelry must never be cleaned with any steam or ultrasonic machines. Try matching up and wearing the rich hues of blue topaz with different colors in your wardrobe—a white or grey outfit with blue topaz looks spectacular and polished. Blue topaz also looks great with lighter blues, pinks, and yellows. SuperJeweler.com has hundreds of blue topaz styles at the best prices.
How to Choose a Blue Topaz Necklace
How to Select the Shape of Blue Topaz Necklace Gemstones
Blue topaz gemstones for a blue topaz necklace come in a variety of shape cuts and sizes. The different shape cuts provide a range of style and fashion choices of each blue topaz necklace design. The most popular blue topaz gemstone shape cuts fall into two categories: Classic and Fancy.
- Classic Blue Topaz Gemstone Shapes Include Round, Oval, Emerald, and Square Cuts
- Round Blue Topaz Gemstone
- The round shape cut is a popular shape for gemstones. For a blue topaz necklace, it can be used as the center stone or as the side or cluster stones. Though the round shape cut is popular for a blue topaz necklace, other shape cuts have become of greater fashion and design prominence. Yet the round cut shape for a blue topaz necklace is a beautiful choice.
- Oval Blue Topaz Gemstone
- Blue topaz oval shape cuts are amazingly popular for a blue topaz necklace. The elongating silhouette of this shape merges the classic with the modern. The longer dimensions allow this shape cut to appear incredibly elegant while enhancing the neckline. Adding a halo of diamonds to an oval blue topaz is stunning.
- Emerald/Octagon Blue Topaz Gemstone
- The emerald or octagon shape cut has eight sides and is extremely popular for a blue topaz necklace. The rectangular shape can mislead the eye into thinking there are only four sides, but don’t be fooled. It is the presence of those tiny corner cuts that round it out to eight. This shape cut is elegant and stunning and lends itself to many beautiful blue topaz necklace styles.
- Square Blue Topaz Gemstone
- The square shape cut for a blue topaz necklace is surely a bold and classic look. It is perfect to show off the beautiful hues of Sky, Swiss, London, and Paraiba blue.
- Fancy Blue Topaz Gemstone Shapes Include Cushion, Pear, Heart, and Marquise Cuts
- Cushion Blue Topaz Gemstone
- The design of a cushion shape cut blue topaz can be squarish or rectangle with soft corners and lines of a cushion or pillow. This shape cut evokes allure and romanticism for many blue topaz necklace designs.
- Pear Blue Topaz Gemstone
- Topping jewelry trends right now is the classic but modern pear shape. With a rounded lower half and a sharp top point, a pear cut adds an illusion of length and delicacy to a blue topaz necklace.
- Heart-Shaped Blue Topaz Gemstone
- Like the name insinuates, heart-shaped blue topaz are cut into a heart by placing a cleft cut at the top of a pear shape. Heart-shaped cut blue topaz necklace can be both romantic and playful.
- Marquise Blue Topaz Gemstone
- A blue topaz necklace with marquise shape cuts is dramatic and stunning. The marquise shape cut is best described as two pear cuts joined together. The marquise shape cut in a blue topaz necklace is perfect for a longer slender neckline.
How to Select the Precious Metal for a Blue Topaz Necklace
Selecting the precious metals for a blue topaz necklace is a matter of personal choice and price. Luckily, a blue topaz necklace looks great in sterling silver and all the colors of gold. You can really follow your own personal style and select the metal color that you prefer the most. Both sterling silver and white gold have a similar appearance but are very different in price. The sterling silver is much less expensive but white gold gives you a richer look for the price. A blue topaz necklace in yellow gold or rose gold are great choices too as their unique colors look outstanding.
How to Select the Diamond Accents and Mounting for a Blue Topaz Necklace
Choosing whether to have accent diamonds on a blue topaz necklace is truly a matter of style and taste. A blue topaz necklace can look very nice as a solitaire but adding diamonds is by far the most popular design choice. Diamonds do increase the price of a blue topaz necklace but not as much as you might think as the diamonds are generally small. Popular blue topaz necklace designs are to have diamonds surrounding the blue topaz in a halo frame. The diamond halo makes the blue topaz look a bit larger but most importantly it provides a distinctive color contrast that makes the blue topaz quite beautiful. Another popular design is to have accent diamonds on the sides of the blue topaz necklace. This blue topaz necklace design lends an elegance without being too flashy. Without a doubt, combining both a diamond halo and accent diamond in blue topaz necklace are the most popular choice.
How to Personalize a Blue Topaz Necklace
One way to personalize a blue topaz necklace is to have the necklace engraved on the back. Depending on the width of the necklace and the design space, you can have your name or special message engraved. This is a great idea for gift-giving and if the blue topaz necklace has a special purpose.
How to Use a Blue Topaz Necklace as a Push Present
The gift of jewelry makes a great push present. A blue topaz necklace is great for a mother either delivering a December baby or who has blue topaz as their own birthstone. Having a baby is life changing and that is why gifting fine jewelry is so appropriate. Just think, every time Mom looks at her beautiful blue topaz necklace, she will think about the glorious day of delivery. How special is that?
How to Clean a Blue Topaz Necklace
Cleaning a blue topaz necklace is very simple, and you can generally do it yourself. Start by creating a mixture of lukewarm water and a few drops of mild dishwashing soap. Soak the blue topaz necklace for only about 3 – 5 minutes and then very gently brush the stone with a new soft-bristled toothbrush. Then rinse the blue topaz necklace under lukewarm running water to remove the soap film. Gently dry the blue topaz necklace with a soft cloth taking care not to snag any prongs or gemstones. For an elevated sparkle you can use a professionally formulated jewelry cleaner. Steam and ultrasonic cleaning machines are strictly prohibited.
How to Ensemble a Blue Topaz Necklace
Once the blue topaz necklace is selected adding a matching ring, earrings, or bracelet is quite easy. The color of blue topaz can vary from hues of Sky, Swiss, London, and Paraiba. The most important thing is that your blue topaz jewelry wardrobe is a self-expression all your own. There is really no right or wrong.