Quick Links: Engagement Rings Wedding Bands Promise Rings Diamond Stud Earrings Diamond Tennis Bracelets
SuperJeweler Logo
  Super Jeweler Blog One and Done Deals 1ct Stud FREE Giveaway
Shopping Basket
My Account Order Tracking Diamond Information Contact Us FAQ
Free Shipping on All Orders
Free Shipping
Free Gift With Every Purchase
(877)-888-0175
Final Closouts
 Shop by Price
Security Seal
Trust Guard Certified
Privacy Verified Seal
Business Verified
Customer Testimonials
 
  Read More  
Metal Content
     
 
Gold Fineness is expressed in Karats.  Pure gold is called 24K or Fine Gold.
 
14K or 14 Karat Gold is 14 parts gold, 10 parts precious metal alloy. Thus, 14K gold is 58.33% pure gold and 41.67% precious metal alloy.
 
10K or 10 Karat Gold is 10 parts gold, 10 parts precious metal alloy. Thus, 10K gold is 41.67% pure gold and 58.33% precious metal alloy.
 
Gold comes in the following colors:  White Gold, Yellow Gold and Rose Gold.  Actually, all gold starts yellow, and the color of the metal is changed by adding differently colored alloys.  At Superjeweler.com, many of our items use both Yellow and White gold, and these are referred to as Two Tone.
 
Platinum is the finest metal used in jewelry.  Platinum is heavier, more expensive per ounce, and used in a more pure form than gold.  Thus, the price of platinum jewelry is much higher than that of gold jewelry.
 
Platinum in fine jewelry is generally 95% pure, in the United States.  The other 5% is Ruthenium, also a Platinum group metal.

 
 

 
We Accept Visa, MasterCard,Discover, American Express etc. We Ship Internationally Secured By VeriSign SuperJeweler Proudly Supports WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT